Wednesday, July 7, 2010

25 Things (yes, I gave in that time)

Written March 15, 2009

I thought I'd do this for fun (and to waste time) before I start getting busy again after spring break. At least I'm done with midterms and papers--so I'm giving myself an excuse for procrastination. :)

1.) I never imagined myself at an all women's college, but I've been enjoying my time here so much. I can only say God knows me better than I do myself.

2.) So I love this school, but I love it even more because of all the Steinway pianos we have here. They are so beautiful..and they're all over the place!!! :D I am going to miss playing these when I graduate.

3.) I use a ton of bug spray in the summer. Ironically, I got more bug bites here at Wellesley than I did in Taiwan (which was truly a miracle!)

4.) I hate getting bug bites because my bites always swell up to a huge size--sometimes to a diameter of 3+ inches.

5.) I love photography, but I don't have much time or money to seriously develop my interest. I always tell myself when I'm retired I will pursue some of these other hobbies.

6.) Another random hobby I am interested in is Chinese calligraphy. I was really into practicing it at one point, but then I stopped because junior year of high school happened.

7.) I want to join the Wushu group at some point in college--try something I've never done before. :)

8.) Since coming to college, I've been inspired by people around me to eat healthier. SO MANY girls are vegetarians here--it's too bad, I love meat too much to ever give it up.

9.) I have a mini-drug store in my room. My friends here make fun of me and say I have my own pharmacy. But seriously, I'm convinced that taking vitamins every day has prevented me from getting sick--while everyone else around me has been getting the flu, some kind of virus, bronchitis, strep, etc.--I haven't gotten sick yet, thankfully.

10.) I think the reason that I've never gotten sick yet is also due to the fact that I've been getting more than 7 hours of sleep on average. This rarely happened in high school--yet another reason why I love college. :)

11.) Whoever invented hand warmers is a genius. I love you--whoever you are, out there in the world. My frozen extremities have been thawed many a time thanks to these handy little packets.

12.) I have this weird habit of putting my hand to my chin, or between my nose and my chin, whenever I'm thinking. If you've seen me do it before, you know what I mean.

13.) I sometimes laugh at totally inappropriate times during sermons/church services. There are times I just can't help myself--and the fact that I'm trying to stop myself from laughing makes it even worse.

14.) I think it's hilarious to watch people fall asleep in church--though half the time, I'm also unconscious.

15.) If I ever become a professor, I don't think I'll be offended if people fall asleep in my classes. I'll understand (and sympathize)--especially if it's an early morning class or right after lunch.

16.) I am forever grateful to have a bed, even though I can pretty much sleep anywhere.

17.) I think I can be somewhat violent at times. To be fair, the last time I punched my brother and broke his glasses was in late middle school. It's funny, because originally I was going to slap his head, but it somehow turned into a fist mid-air...

18.) My brother is actually one of my closest friends now, even though we used to fight a lot when we were younger. (All right Justin, don't be too embarrassed reading this.)

19.) I like all of the seasons except for summer in the Northeast, even though there's no school. To be specific, I like early summer, but not mid through late summer. I think I love the aesthetic variations in fall, winter, and spring the most.

20.) I can't wait to get to heaven and have a longgg discussion with God.

21.) Whenever I need alone time, I like going to the bookstore or talking a walk outside.

22.) I kind of wish Rush Limbaugh would suddenly get a stroke--not die of course--but at least be immobilized.

23.) I walk really fast. I used to get so frustrated with people in my high school who always seemed to walk half an inch for every step. Thank God, I'm now at a school where pretty much everyone walks fast.

24.) Since last year, I've been getting a lot of random dizzy spells. I think it happens most often whenever I'm overexcited, over-stressed, or tired out.

25.) I am such an idealist and optimist at heart. I'm not a cynic now, but I used to never think ill of anyone or the world. Reality hit me eventually.


PS: To waste more time, read this short article I saw awhile ago on TIME about the 25 Things trend on facebook: http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1877187,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment